Wednesday 9 May 2012

Meta-lithics IV, end-of-term sum up

Meta-lithics IV

Up there is the fourth image in the Meta-lithics series, the last piece I did this past term and last I did as an undergrad. My mentor Brad mentioned that this image, out of all that I did in this series, is the most suggestive of what might lie outside of the picture's edges, not presenting a single resolved "thing" so much as an isolated (selected) part of a landscape. I think this is a good impression to strive towards in the future, of interest especially because the potentiality is there for one to guess at shapes and movements outside of the picture frame when what lies within it is so purposefully inscrutable.

Documentation of the Grad Show install:



Putting up four prints that size, each one at around four feet wide, was a laborious task that took a few solid days of work. But thanks to the much needed assistance of Remy Anhorn, Chris Grandy, and Sam Rose, I managed to get them up on the wall without any lasting velcro-related psychological damage. Thanks also go to Ryan Popoff for storing my prints in his place til I return with a vehicle big enough to transport them.

Some of BLINK (UVic Visual Arts' photos):





All told the grad show was an amazing success and I was immensely happy to be a part of it. We put on a fine show to rival any art museum. Check out more documentation of all the stellar art, as well as a photo of me looking awkward with a crooked tie next to my mom, here.