Tuesday 8 March 2011

Tangible Progress pt.2

Here's the latest installment in an image I might call Above the Pit:



I'm kind of working toward showing at least two groups within this image: the large structures at the top being evidence of a technologically advanced civilization that has since vanished, leaving behind its monumental works, and along the cliff face in the middle I will show an active population utilizing more humble designs. The signs adorning the large structures at the top will be altered but remain present in some form; I like the idea of having fragments of a lexicon of signs still present on the hull. Here's an earlier stage of the composition, just a little further ahead from the initial preview:


I've widened the circumference of the pit a good deal, partly because I didn't find that great of a reason to have the edge of the pit being wet, and also to enhance the space available to do things deeper in the pit.

I'm pretty happy with the pace of progress so far. Pretty soon I'll have this image finished up and I'll move on to doing another.