Thursday 24 February 2011

Glasgow impressions / a few sketches

Last weekend I went to Glasgow to see Manatees. They were utterly pulverizing, and the opening bands (Holy Mountain, Khuda) were great too. That Holy Mountain video is from the same gig I was at (I'm in the back somewhere, headbanging wildly).

Aside from having my eardrums traumatized, I got a good chance to get out and experience Glasgow's city centre on a Saturday night. It was positively humming, with vibrant colours and people everywhere. I got some pretty good shots:





more here.

Also I've a few sketches thrown together, of varying degrees of coherence:



Now that I have something down on paper I can really start thinking about how I'll put my images together and also what other photos/angles I might need to supplement the designs. I'm going to get into the lab and start doing stuff today or tomorrow, and hopefully the pixels will start to fly.