Wednesday 9 February 2011

Computer Room

I tried out the computer facilities in the PEM area today to see if the hardware could handle the kind of photoshop work I plan on doing. They have CS4 and seemed to handle plenty of layers without any trouble, which is promising. Suppose to be sure though I'll have to bring in one of my files from last term, that will be the ultimate test if it can handle a 32oMB file with god-knows how many layers. Not that I plan on concocting a similar monstrosity this time around, intentionally at least.
Anyways I just wish I had my own computer decent enough to do this kind of stuff on without having to work in a lab somewhere. The PEM lab seems pretty typical as far as labs go: noisy, cramped, stuffy, dim, etc... well, whatever. there are far worse places to be. Eventually though, I'll save up enough to buy an actual competent computer on which I can engineer and muck about in hermit-worthy solitude.

Oh hey look at that, more Flickr uploads. Now with 98.37% more boats.