Monday 7 November 2011

Fledgling second Bridgetown image



Here's another image I'm working on that's set in the same "Bridgetown Belt" world as the first image. Still clearly in a rough, early stage. 

Sketchup makes the process interesting, I have the freedom to be slightly more automatic in filling in the blank spaces and experiment more efficiently. Even so it's pretty slow going, there's still a lot of time spent with trying to make things work that I eventually have to give up on. Even so I think it's an interesting new way to work.

I'll hit the next stage in the development of this image when all the blank spaces are fully textured. At that point I can add further textures to enhance detail and ambiance, and work on blending the lighting and colour to make the composite look less like a goblin-spawned Lego heap. 
Thinking about including a foreground element to occupy  about half of the open portion on the right hand side, though I'm not sure just what to use. The POV for this shot in Sketchup is from a point in open space with no large structures around, so I'm thinking about  something light and movable. Maybe something attached to a crane...